Kidney Disease occurs when the kidney’s lose their ability to function. Normal Kidneys help the body regulate chemicals, water, blood pressure and help to filter toxins.
Kidney failure (whether acute or chronic) is when the kidneys lose their ability to function properly. This can occur for many reasons, including:
- Blood-clotting disorders
- Decreased blood flow caused by low blood pressure
- Autoimmune kidney disorders
- Urinary tract infections
- Complications from pregnancy
- Genetic diseases like PKD
When determining the cause of kidney disease, there are both lifestyle and genetics factors to investigate.
A few things you can do to prevent kidney disease are to:
- Eat a healthy diet and avoid foods that cause inflammation.
- Exercise regularly
- Limit alcohol intake,
- Sleep regularly
- Drink water
- Manage stress